Say hello to the 2020 BMW M2 CS!!
Leaked ahead of its official debut – here’s what we know so far! Get excited!
– 2020 Model Year only
– 2,200 will be produced worldwide (U.S. production numbers still TBD)
– 444 hp / 406 lb-ft torque
– 7600 rpm redline
– 6 speed manual or 7 speed DCT
– 3.8 second 0-60 (DCT)
– 4.0 second 0-60 (manual)
– 174 mph top speed
– Three radiators, an oil cooler, two pumps in the oil pan, oil sump baffle
– Transmission oil cooler (when equipped with DCT)
– Electronic locking differential in the rear helps maintain traction both on the track and in slippery situations
– Standard adaptive dampers with Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ modes
– Steel subframe bolted to the body frame without bushings
– Forged aluminum rear five-link suspension control arms and wheel hubs
– 15.75-inch vented rotors with 6-piston fixed calipers up front
– 14.96-inch vented rotors with 4-piston calipers in rear
– Optional Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
– 19-inch forged wheels in a staggered setup with 245/35R19 tires up front and 265/35R19s in back
– High-gloss black finish wheels standard
– Matte gold finish wheels standard
– Michelin Cup 2 tires or summer performance tires
– Carbon fiber vented hood (1/2 weight of steel hood, increases downforce and has cooling effect)
– Carbon fiber front splitter, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, and M mirrors
– Carbon fiber transmission tunnel (saves 6 pounds)
– Optional carbon fiber roof
– Alcantara dashboard, armrests, and steering wheel
– CS badge embroidered on dashboard
– Black leather and Alcantara M Competition front seats featuring CS logo
– Embroidered BMW M Motorsport stripes on front seats
– 4 exterior colors: Alpine White, Misano Blue – Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic, and Hockenheim Silver Metallic
– 1 interior color: black
– Only options are: 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, carbon ceramic brakes, matte gold wheels, and sticky Michelin Cup 2 tires.
– Pricing and ordering details will be announced closer to the 2020 M2 CS’s launch in 2020.
Image and Source Credit : Bimmerpost