Say Hello to the 225kW Mini John Cooper Works GP!
An intense, purist race feeling is conveyed by what is by far the most powerful engine ever to be used in a small car of the brand, suspension technology that is fine-tuned based on John Cooper Works’ comprehensive racing expertise and a body that is optimised in terms of lightweight construction, torsional stiffness and aerodynamics. The new MINI John Cooper Works GP offers unrivalled sporty flair and overwhelming agility. As such, it forms part of a fascinating tradition that has been closely linked to the name of the legendary Formula 1 designer John Cooper ever since the debut of the classic Mini 60 years ago.
On both road and racetrack, this combination has been a constant source of sporting highlights: from the first Mini Cooper and winning the British Touring Car Championship to the three overall victories in the Monte Carlo Rally, the MINI Challenge racing series, achievements in the Dakar Rally and the latest generation of the John Cooper Works models.
The new MINI John Cooper Works GP takes the experience of performance in a premium small car to a whole new level. In the course of test drives as part of the series development process, it completed a lap of the Nordschleife at Nürburgring in less than eight minutes – almost half a minute faster than its direct predecessor.
– 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology, 225 kW/306 hp and 450 Nm.
– 55 kW/75 hp more output than the MINI John Cooper Works.
– Acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds, top speed: 265 km/h (not cut off).
– Model-specific oil supply and cooling concept geared towards maximum performance.
– Model-specific sports exhaust system for emotionally powerful sound.
– 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheels.
– Distinctive chassis design and set-up, suspension lowered by 10 mm as compared to the MINI John Cooper Works.
– Particularly high-performance sports brake system.
– Extremely rigid body structure, engine and suspension connection.
– Model-specific front and rear aprons.
– Roof spoiler with double-wing contour.
– Powerfully flared carbon wheel arch covers.
– Interior with two seats and model-specific cockpit.
We’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!