BMW’s answer to the Mercedes-Benz CLA will launch locally with two engine variants.
BMW Australia has announced local pricing and specification levels for the first ever 2-Series Gran Coupe. The new premium small sedan enters with the 218i priced from $47,990 (excluding on-road costs) powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder TwinPower Turbo petrol engine that produces 103kW and 220Nm and mated to a 7-speed double clutch Steptronic transmission. The 218i will do the 0-100km/h sprint in 8.7 seconds.
Fitted as standard kit on the 218i is the M Sport Package, which includes an M Steering Wheel, M Sport Seats, as well as wireless phone charging and heads up display.
Moving up to the range topping M235i xDrive priced from $69,990 (excluding on-road costs) brings a potent 2.0-litre four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo petrol engine that produces 225kW and 450Nm sent to all four wheels and is matched with a 8-speed sport Steptronic automatic transmission. The M235i xDrive will do the 0-100km/h sprint in just 4.9 seconds. It also features M Sport Brakes, M Sport Steering, M Sport Seats and BMW’s comfort access with digital key as standard.
Standard specification highlights for both models as below:
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé range:
218i Gran Coupé
- M Sport Package including M Sport multifunction leather steering wheel
- Sport Seats, Cloth/Sensatec upholstery
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- 18” M Light alloy double spoke wheels, style 819 M Bicolour
- Driving Assistant, incl. Lane Departure Warning, Lane Change Warning, Approach control Warning with city-braking intervention, Rear Cross Traffic Warning, Rear Collision Prevention and Speed Limit Information
- BMW Head-Up Display
- Parking Assistant, incl. PDC (front and rear), Rear View Camera, Automatic Parking Assistant and Reversing Assistant
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional including 10.25” instrument cluster, 10.25” BMW operating system 7.0 display and Intelligent Personal Assistant
- Connected Package Professional including Apple CarPlay plus Wireless Charging for
- Through-loading system
- Storage Compartment Package
- Lights Package incl. Ambient interior lighting and exterior BMW Logo projection on driver’s side
- Interior trim finishers ‘Illuminated Boston’
- LED headlights and tail lights, LED fog lights, front
- Stereo speaker system, 6 loudspeakers (100W)
M235i xDrive additional spec in addition to 218i:
- M Sport Brakes
- M Sport Steering
- M rear spoiler
- 19” M Light Alloy Wheels 557 M Bicolour Cerium Grey matte
- Comfort Access incl. BMW Digital Key
- M Sport Seats for driver and front passenger with integrated headrests and improved lateral support
- Leather ‘Dakota’ Upholstery
- Electric Seat Adjustment incl. driver’s side seat memory function
Adaptive LED headlights incl. High Beam Assistant
- harman/kardon surround sound system, 16 speakers (464W)
Technical specification: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé
|Engine||Power||Torque||0-100km/h (sec)||Kerb weight (kg)||MRLP*|
|1.5-litre three cylinder petrol|
|2.0-litre four cylinder petrol|
*Recommended Retail Pricing is shown and includes GST, but excludes on-road costs. Customers are advised to contact their nearest BMW dealer for all pricing enquiries.