Limited Edition affordable European luxury goes on sale this week, priced from $59,490
Power comes courtesy of the latest 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine (with petrol particulate filter) that develops 200kW and 350Nm, with power delivered to all four wheels via a seven-speed DQ381 DSG transmission.
ŠKODA Australia says the Superb Scout is both a grand tourer and an off-roader, the latter capability enabled by a special mode and a 15mm greater ground clearance than the Superb Wagon. It also features a large boot, 1950 litres with the rear seats folded, or 1350 litres with the rear seats upright.
The ŠKODA Superb Scout will also feature full LED Matrix headlights as standard in Australia, previously the preserve of higher end cars and SUVs. LED Matrix Headlights have the capability of automatically shading oncoming vehicles, meaning the high beam can remain active while driving on the open road.
The ŠKODA Superb Scout’s standard features:
- Full LED Matrix headlights
- Full LED rear lights with Dynamic indicators
- Front fog lights with corner functionality
- KESSY Full (all doors) and alarm
- 9.2″ Columbus infotainment system
- CANTON premium sound system
- SmartLink – Smartphone connectivity including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Virtual Cockpit
- Digital Radio
- Adaptive Chassis Control with Drive Mode Select
- Automatic tailgate with Virtual Pedal
- 18″ BRAGA anthracite polished wheels
- Alcantara/leather seats
- Electric Driver and Passenger Seat with memory function
- Climatronic triple zone air conditioning
- Heated front and rear seats
- 3 spoke heated, multifunction steering wheel with DSG paddles
- Automatic Park Assist with manoeuvre assist
- Rough road package, with additional powertrain protection
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Hill start assist/hill descent control
- Side Assist & Lane Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Passenger Protection Assist
- Rear Camera
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake and Predictive Pedestrian Protection
- 9 airbags
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Privacy Glass
- Wireless charging
- Stainless steel pedal set
|Metallic and pearl effect paint||$770|
|Velvet Red paint||$1100|
|Panoramic glass sunroof||$1900|
The Superb Scout will be the first Volkswagen Group vehicle on sale in this market with a petrol particulate filter, to be followed shortly by the Karoq 140TSI Sportline.
“This particulate filter can withstand petrol with 50 parts per million of sulfur, but it must be understood that these cars can run only on Premium Unleaded,” Mr Irmer said.
“At point of sale the vehicles will feature mirror hangers emphasising this point. Additionally we have developed high visibility fuel cap stickers. Sales teams will reinforce this message. Our view is that all Australian motorists would benefit by the mandating of Premium petrol as standard.”
ŠKODA’s Superb Scout is also available with the optional purchase of a ŠKODA new car service pack – $900 for three years; $1700 for five. A used car service pack ($1600 for four years) can be bought any time after the first 15,000 km scheduled service and is valid for the next four scheduled services.
New ŠKODAs are permanently available with five warranty.