Jeep Australia is excited to reveal the update MY20 Jeep Compass line-up. Starting off with the entry-level “Night Eagle”, followed by the Limited, Trailhawk and now, S-Limited editions. The Night Eagle starts off at $36,950.
The updated MY20 Compass range makes use of the 2.4-litre, 129kW petrol engines while the Trailhawk gets the more sensible 2.0-litre 125kW diesel variant.
The full range gets updated standard safety, convenience and technology features giving customers increased value.
8.4” Uconnect with SatNav, ParkSence rear parking sensors, Lane Departure Warning Plus, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detenction as well as Forward Collision Warning Plus are all standard. Below is the standard feature list on all models.
Night Eagle standard equipment highlights:
- 2.4L Tigershark Petrol 6-Speed Automatic FWD
- Cloth / Synthetic Leather Seats
- ParkView® Reverse Parking Camera
- Parksense® Rear Park Assist System
- 7 Airbags & 5-Star ANCAP Rating
- 18-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
- Satellite Navigation
- Apple CarPlay®
- Android Auto®
- 6-Speaker Audio System
- Digital Radio (DAB+)
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Electric Park Brake
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection
- Roof Rails
- Deep Tinted Privacy Glass
- LED Ambient Interior Lighting
- Passenger In-Seat Cushion Storage
Jeep Compass Limited
The Jeep Compass Limited holds a 2.4L Tigershark petrol engine paired with the ZF-nine-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel-drive as standard. This superior, refined variant hosts an array of safety and convenience equipment, including Lane Departure Warning Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Power Liftgate. The interior features an impressive 9-Speaker Sound System and premium black leather seats.
Limited standard equipment highlights (in addition, or replacing Night Eagle):
- Jeep Active Drive AWD System with ZF-9-Speed Automatic
- Jeep Selec-Terrain Traction Management System
- Leather Seats
- Bi-Xenon headlamps
- LED Tail lamps
- 9 Speaker Premium Audio System Including Subwoofer
- 7-Inch Full Colour Instrument Cluster Display
- Power 8-Way Driver / Manual 4-Way Passenger Seat
- ParkSense® Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist
- Push Button Start
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Heated Front Seats
- Adaptive Cruise Control (with Stop & Go)
- Automatic High beam
- Power Liftgate
Further to the premium paint options and dual-pane sunroof that can be added to the Night Eagle variant, the Jeep Compass Limited also offers the cost option to add the stylish Black Painted Roof.
Jeep Compass S-Limited
The Jeep Compass S-Limited adds enhanced design elements, from the Limited base.
S-Limited standard equipment highlights (in addition, or replacing Limited):
- 19-Inch Granite Alloy Wheels
- Black Leather Seats with Tungsten Accent Stitching
- Granite Crystal Exterior Accents
- Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Black Headliner
- Black painted roof
Customers can choose between the standard Colorado Red or step up to the available premium paint options including Vocal White, Brilliant Black and Minimal Grey.
Jeep Compass Trailhawk
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk has earned the renowned Trail Rated badge because of its unrivalled 4×4 capabilities, the Jeep Trailhawk remains best-in-class for compact SUV off-roading courtesy of the advanced Jeep Active Drive Low 4×4 system, and now hosts further safety and technology features.
Trailhawk standard equipment highlights:
- 2.0L MultiJet Diesel
- Trail Rated
- Jeep Active Drive Low 4×4 System
- Jeep Selec-Terrain with Rock Mode
- Off-Road Suspension with Raised Ride Height
- Remote Start
- Unique Front and Rear Fascia
- Black Anti-Glare Hood Decal
- Red Tow Hooks
- Hill Descent Control
- 4 Underbody Skid Plates
- Trail Rated Badging
- Full Size Spare Wheel
- All-Weather Floor Mats
- Reversible Cargo Mat
- Neutral Grey Exterior Accents
Premium paint options include Vocal White, Brilliant Black, Grey Magnesio, Mojave Sand and Minimal Grey.
At the time of publishing, there was no update on the updated MY20 Compass in the South African market. Considering South Africans never stormed dealers in hordes for any of the Compass models before, I wouldn’t hold my breath just yet – CN